The Epic EHR system will be implemented across BJC and Washington University School of Medicine (WUSM) in a series of go-live events starting in Q2 2017. While the exact details of each go-live are still in development, the sequence of sites have been confirmed.
Many factors were considered in the selection of this timeline - including safety, staffing levels, geographic location, and specific impacts to each facility. While there are pros and cons to any sequencing proposal, leadership is confident this is the best plan to effectively transition all of BJC and WUSM to a single integrated system. We will continue to provide updates as details are finalized.
- BJC Medical Group – A go-live for all practices, Target Date – 06/03/2017 LIVE
- Faculty Practice Plan (FPP) - A go-live for all FPP sites, Target Date – 6/02/2018
- Memorial Medical Group (MMG) – Go-live in Q2 2019
- BHC/BHHC (Pilot Site): Boone Hospital Center and Boone Home Health Care will go-live together Target Date - 8/5/2017 LIVE
- Community Hospitals - Go-live begins in Q4 2017
- Pod 1 - Christian Hospital (CH), Alton Memorial Hospital (AMH), Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital (BJSPH), Progress West Hospital (PWH) Target Date – 12/02/2017 LIVE
- Pod 2 - Missouri Baptist Medical Center (MBMC), Parkland Health Center (PHC), Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital (MBSH) BJC Home Care Services Target Date – 02/03/2018 LIVE
- Academic – Single go-live for Barnes -Jewish Hospital (BJH), Barnes-Jewish-West County (BJWCH) and St. Louis Children’s Hospital (SLCH). Target Date – 06/02/2018 LIVE
- Memorial Hospital – Belleville (MHB) and Memorial Hospital East (MHE) - Go-live in Q2 2019
If you have any questions or comments send an email to EpicProgram@bjc.org.